Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I Will Squat One Million Pounds

It's not about the barbell.

My wife and I were married in Sendai, Japan.

I have to do something.

Right now, there's not a lot I can do except maybe try to contribute some money. I've looked into websites like firstgiving.com to collect dollars, but some of them lop 10% off the top right away. I can't abide the idea of people profiting off of disaster right now, so anything I donate will be to reputable charities directly.

I will be donating my dollars, and any dollars I raise through fundraisers at work or through this website to:
The American Red Cross

I will squat one million pounds. I will raise, at the very least, $10,000.

I can do the squat by myself, but I'll need help to raise the money.

I don't normally ask anything from you, but I am now. Please join me. Keep a running poundage and donation total and post them here from time to time to keep us honest and on-task. We're all on our honor here.

Rules for the squat? None. I will be counting squats with weight to parallel or below, but it's not about the barbell. It's up to you.

Thanks everybody. I hope to hear from you,

Boris

We've started a thread over at Dave Draper's website - so far we've sent $1000 to The American Red Cross. Squat One Million Pounds For Disaster Relief

8 comments:

giveitaname said...

Atta go!
This is a great idea.

Dale said...

Atta go again.
Great idea.

Mark Reifkind said...

boris

if you set up a pay pal link it will help. it's so easy for me to use.

Rif

go get it dude.

Boris said...

Thank you Rif. I'll try to set it up.

Boris said...

Done - thanks again Rif.

Al Annunziato said...

I'm in. Check my post on IOL, and let me know if it's acceptable.

Faizal S. Enu said...

1,000,000 lbs is 1000 250lb squats.

Average workout for me has about 25-50 squats.....hmmmm

Boris said...

Thanks Al.

Faiz,
It won't be in one session. Not enough?