Saturday, May 12, 2012

Workshop


A few weeks ago, I had the pleasure of participating in a workshop with the coaches of Ultimate Athlete Development. While there, I taught some kettlebell basics to area high school students and gave my two cents about lifting and getting strong in general. 

I work with young people everyday, but it's been a while since I've given a workshop or coached in a weight room.  The groups you get at workshops are, by and large, superior, motivated performers. This group was no different - quick studies, very coachable, strong young men. Lots of potential there!

It's interesting because there are perennial issues, like posture, hamstring flexibility, and hip extension. With teens especially, supplements always come up in the Q&A time.

The group made great progress in the three hours we had them. Hopefully they'll take that knowledge back with them and share it with their teammates. I look forward to seeing how they do come fall football season.

No comments: