Thursday, January 24, 2008

Some Lunacy + Good Judgement = A Pretty Good Training Plan

Here are some words of wisdom from GE CEO, Jack Welch, that are very appropriate for many of us striving to maximize our potential. We'll call this the "Law of Lunacy". To this, let's add the "Corollary of Common Sense" from our comrade and Party Leader, Pavel Tsatsouline, and I think we'll have the makings of a decent training program. ...and I'm serious.


*LAW OF TRAINING LUNACY*

"You can't behave in a calm, rational manner. You've got to be out there on the lunatic fringe."
- Jack Welch


*COROLLARY OF TRAINING COMMON SENSE*

"You must always exercise good judgement. And if you don't have good judgement, why don't you stay on the machines you big sissy?"
- Pavel Tsatsouline

3 comments:

Snizshizzle said...

HAHA nice. Pavel is the man...

Boris said...

I bought my father the "Enter the Kettlebell" DVD for Christmas and just borrowed it last weekend and saw it for the first time - it really is the ****!

I wouldn't say I learned anything brand spanking new from it, but it definately reinforced some things and dusted off the cobwebs in my brain for many others. It is just great information from start to finish. Well, well worth it and I'm glad I got it for my father.

Snizshizzle said...

Yeah, I know what you mean. Sometimes my form would change or I would forget to apply a couple techniques. Then after watching his videos, everything just seems a lot easier and my form becomes amazing.

Gotta love the humor he throws in there too.