Friday, May 1, 2020

Social Distancing (Part II)

Training and Working In The Midst of Corona

Been keeping busy with work and Zoom meetings, a little training, and making videos for students, athletes, and fun.
I am fortunate to have equipment at home that suit my needs. I've hit a few PRs over the past 6 weeks or so, including two lifetime personal records that are (for me) brag-worthy:
*1000 16kg Kettlebells Snatches (in one set). Done at 10 reps per minute, switching hands every minute. It took 100 minutes. Despite frequent re-chalking (of the off hand, while holding the bell overhead), I still developed blisters about 70 minutes in.
*Squat 135lb x 200. Using a manta-ray. Pace was slow (4 reps per minute for the first 40 minutes, faster the last five minutes). It took about 45 minutes.

Heart rate cardiovascular drift is evident in the set with a hard spike at the end when I picked up the pace because I wanted to be done with it.


The videos I've made for the athletes I work(ed) with start with the assumption that they have a micro-band. At the start of the 'stay-at-home', we made sure that the bands were distributed to the team. To be honest, I'm not sure if the kiddos are using them. I hope they are staying in shape.
As with a lot of exercise equipment during this pandemic, it is tough to find companies that aren't sold out of bands right now. If you're looking for bands, here are a few suppliers that, hopefully, will have them in stock:
Elitefts
Woody Fitness
Dick Hartzell's Jump Stretch





Hope you are all well and able to get a few squat sessions in.

YouTube Channel: Squat Rx

No comments: