Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Is Your Trainer Like This?

One of my biggest pet peeves is the trainer or coach who isn't fully present when training or coaching - let's call this person "Disinterested Daffy". "Disinterested Daffy" is more concerned with their cell phone, or laptop, or the music, or last week's game, or next week's line-up, or what happened on Mad Men, or what another group is doing than they are concerned with the people and content they're coaching.
If you're a trainer or coach, be present. If you are a client and/or an athlete, and you have "Disinterested Daffy" as a coach, find someone else.

4 comments:

Hanley Tucks said...

But Boris, there are so many hot chicks in lycra in the gym! Priorities, man!

Boris said...

Yes, well...

Fred Cip said...

This was very entertaining! I haven't seen a Daffy Duck cartoon in years! Vintage animation, there's nothing else like it! For me, the best part of this cartoon was the music. It was recorded using a real live orchestra unlike today where everything is done with synthesizers.
I can totally relate! I have had personal trainers in the past and I could definitely tell when they were focused on me and when they were thinking about what they were going to have for lunch. I had this one trainer who just stood there and counted reps and I knew my form was off. I'm glad those days are over! No more personal trainers!.........But I ask myself, if I were a personal trainer would I get bored with my clients and start looking at the hot chick across the gym? Sadly, I think I would!

Boris said...

I love Looney Tunes too!

All coaches and trainers are going to have their moments - life happens to the best of us. But if they are more than 'moments', it might be time to look for someone new...