Tuesday, August 24, 2010

It's Not Creatine - It's Called "Rhabdomyolysis" Coach!

There's a reason it's called "conditioning", not "hurting" or "punishing" or whatever else you want to be tough and  label it. The following line has become cliche, but it's a good bit of wisdom:



"Any moron can smoke you."



That's not to say that anyone involved in story linked below is a moron. Over the years, there have been training sessions (of my own design) which left my athletes in worse shape and more injury prone than they were to begin with - probably many coaches will admit to a few of these early in their careers. I've certainly been guilty of pushing my athletes harder than I should have once or twice.
I thank my stars that I've learned my lessons and I thank God that I've never sent 30 athletes to the hospital and, knock on wood, never will.

High School Football Camp Story: "'Immersion Training' Gone Wrong"

P.S. - Thanks to "that" forum for the heads up on this one.

No comments: