Monday, December 28, 2009

Helping Others

"Helping someone else is the best way to ensure your own survival. It takes you out of yourself. It helps you to rise above your fears. Now you're a rescuer, not a victim. And seeing how your leadership and skill buoy others up gives you more focus and energy to persevere. The cycle reinforces itself: You buoy them up, and their response buoys you up. Many people who survive alone report that they were doing it for someone else (a wife, boyfriend, mother, son) back home."

- from Deep Survival(pp. 180-181)


Inspiration can come from many different places. Maybe you'll find this video moving - I know I did:

4 comments:

Sperwer said...

I ran across this vid recently, which I think should be titled "no arms, no legs, no excuses":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooQKUYQ_WgQ&feature=player_embedded#

Boris said...

Yes, the Dustin Carter video is a good one - I linked it here a while back.

Matt said...

Hi Boris.
My Kettlebell work is going pretty good. I think I have made improvements.

Also wanted to let you know the elitefts is having an ebook sale.

Boris said...

Great to hear Matt. Let's try to schedule a workout sometime.