Thursday, July 12, 2012

Gray Cook, The Squat, and Golf

It's strange to me that people still don't get that strength, range of motion, stability, and mobility are important to all, regardless of goal and task.

"Well, I only need the mobility required for XYZ (and no more than that)." Well, maybe, but maybe not. Your immobilities and weaknesses may be inhibiting your performance in ways that are not readily apparent simply by performing your regular activities. Trust me, it's no fun to only become aware of weaknesses after you've suffered numerous losses and injuries because of them.

This is Gray Cook talking about the need for hip and ankle mobility and stability in golfers who do not demonstrate the deep squat pattern in their regular training or competition. It's worth a look:







Related Squat Rx Post:
It's In The Hips (That's Where It Is!)

4 comments:

Matt said...

Hi Boris. Thanks for the link. I actually remember reading it.

So far I have found that having the gym in the garage and a rower in my bedroom has been the best for working out. That and not wasting any time.

We got some more equipment for the garage. If you have a free Saturday you should come check it out.

I also went to a strongman contest last December. It was a blast and I hope to do some more in the future. Here is a video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61pdA79VZes

Boris said...

Emily,
Why don't you tell me a little more about your website?

Thanks,
Boris

Boris said...

Emily,

boris_york@yahoo.com

Boris said...

Matt!!!!

Let's make that happen! I look forward to hearing about the Strongman contest!

Boris