Thursday, June 2, 2011

Day 78 - SICK!

I knew as soon as I had finished squatting to a million pounds that I needed to be careful. I've talked about the Japanese proverb "In victory, tighten your helmet." before  - how we tend to be caught by disaster when we've let down our guard after a successful battle. It certainly applies now. On Tuesday night, I was more worried about throwing out my back - I managed to avoid that, but ended up waking up with a head cold the next morning.

Tonight, it's back to training. I'll be staying away from the squat racks a while longer, but Bulgarian split squats, barbell presses, and kettlebell work will be back in the menu for the first time in a couple of months.

2 comments:

Hanley Tucks said...

It's almost as if 77 straight days of heavy lifting were tiring or something :)

Boris said...

Something like that! ;)