Saturday, August 21, 2010

Blogs Of Note (II)

For what it's worth, I LOVE reading strength and conditioning related blogs when they are original, thoughtful, relevant, and not excessively vulgar or angry. If you'd like me to take a look at your blog, leave a message here or send me an email.

I do have some standards for adding (and removing) links to the blogroll here at Squat Rx. The "standards" are:
*The blog must be regularly updated. Generally, if there haven't been posts in six months, I'm not going to link it.

*There needs to be writing, with original content, thought, creativity, and inspiration, not just ad copy, YouTube videos, or literature reviews.
* Unless I'm VERY interested in how you train, I don't link training logs here.
*I must have corresponded with you at least once online or in person. If I don't know you, if I've never spoken to you, if we've never even posted on each other's Facebook wall or exchanged words on a forum, then I'm not going to link your site.

*You need to return the favor by putting Squat Rx in your own blogroll (petty perhaps but hey, nobody's perfect).
Here are three blogs I really enjoy. Give them a read and see what you think:
RKC Jordan Vezina keeps a blog at averagetoelite.com. He's on a "30 Posts In 30 Days" run and he's had some gems lately. His latest post, There's No Time, tells you to stop waiting for the conditions to be perfect and just get moving.

As far as online correspondence goes, I've known Smitty and Jedd Johnson of the Diesel Crew for a long time. Probably 10 years ago, we were all regulars at Dr. Squat Fred Hatfield's forum. Their stuff is always great. This post on Neck Training For Football Players is a good one and falls in line with a recent post I made on Extremity Training.

If you are a regular here, then Dan John needs little introduction. If you haven't bought his Seminar DVDs from davedraper.com, then you are missing out on a wealth of material. If times are tough and you are short on cash, you are forgiven, and here's a rundown of one of the best segments from the series: The Hip Displacement Continuum - if you've ever wondered why your "squatty swing" or your high-bar-hips-back-atg-squat is hurting your back, then this will be a good post for you.

3 comments:

Niel K. Patel said...

Feel free to stop by any time Boris:

http://nielpatel.blogspot.com

Boris said...

Thanks Niel!

Smitty.Diesel said...

thanks for the kind words brother, I forgot how long we go back! :)