Saturday, February 15, 2014

The Distant Mountain

"Something that worked for me was imagining that where I wanted to be was a mountain.
A distant mountain.
My goal.
And I knew that as long as I kept walking towards the mountain I would be all right. And when I truly was not sure what to do, I could not stop, and think about whether it was taking me towards or away from the mountain."

I really like this analogy and think it's a good one for most people, especially if they have long term and/or ambiguous strength and fitness goals. There are many roads to the mountain. Some roads are faster. Some are slower. Some are direct. Some take switchbacks and detours - sometimes the side roads and detours are worth exploring. Some roads are dead ends. And some roads lead to nowhere or take you in the wrong direction. 

Related Squat Rx Post:

No comments: